Position: Manager, Marketing and Business Development
Position type: Part-time or full-time
Newormics is an Austin-based company, offering in vivo toxicology testing services using the small model organism, C. elegans. Newormics is the exclusive licensee of a microfluidic-based technology, vivoChip, that allows high- throughput and high-content analysis of C. elegans for toxicology testing and drug discovery. At Newormics, we are fully committed to making high-impact social and economic contributions by helping companies bring safe chemicals and drugs to market cheaper and faster than traditional animal testing while reducing the number of animals needed for testing.
As a Marketing and Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing marketing and PR strategies in close collaboration with your peers, executing strategies to shape and establish brand identity, and attracting new prospects for toxicology service contracts. You will be required to drive sales efforts and achieve revenue results through reaching out to potential customers as well as leveraging other marketing channels such as social media, webinars, collateral (print and digital), and trade shows.
Visit us at SOT/ToxExpo2022 at Booth #2119
- Develop toxicology service business and penetrate different market segments.
- Identify potential clients, showcase Newormics’ toxicology solutions to clients, develop and maintain client relationships.
- Coordinate with sales team to develop mutually-beneficial service proposals with a view toward full responsibility for contract negotiation.
- Conceive, plan, execute, and evaluate innovative campaigns, conference content, email marketing, and product blogs.
- Prepare reports on generated sales leads and conversions using a CRM.
- Oversee the Newormics’ website, brand awareness portals, and social media campaigns.
- Must be highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented multi-tasker,
- Comfortable in high-complexity sales situations and maximally leverage company’s toxicology offerings to address customers’ needs.
- Have the knowledge of the toxicology field in the private sectors such as chemical industry, drug discovery, or agri-chemical industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, convince, and persuade.
- Willingness to travel as required for conferences and to meet clients.
- Excellent presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors’ or Master’s degree in marketing, business management, and/or biomedical engineering or pharmacology/toxicology science.
- 5+ years of demonstrated previous business success in the chemical discovery industry, CRO business development, and/or industry operations to support business development for CRO services.
- Must have track record of success in CRO Sales.
- Knowledge of the non-animal toxicology field is preferred.
Working Conditions: This can be a remote position with significant travel in various methods of transportation for regular visits to company headquarters, to attend conferences and for customer visits.
Recruitment Process: The position will be open until filled. If you are interested send a cover letter with your resume to email@example.com.