Location: Austin, TX
Close date: Open until filled
Compensation: Negotiable depending on skills and experience
We are currently seeking a Research Scientist for our team. This person will support the development of our high-throughput neurotoxicology screening assays and commercial screening services.
- Develop and test high-throughput screening (HTS) assay protocols
- Perform large scale culturing and strain maintenance of model organisms
- Integrate liquid handling systems in the HTS workflow
- Perform HTS assays of test and reference chemicals and compounds
- Analyze data and prepare technical reports summarizing experimental results
- Follow existing SOPs, make modifications as necessary and document changes, and author new SOPs for novel techniques.
- Work with engineering team to provide testing and evaluation data on device prototype performance and provide feedback on how to improve future device design iterations
- Participate in the preparation of peer-reviewed publications.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Ph.D. in a relevant biological science (e.g. neuroscience, molecular biology, cell biology, biomedical engineering, or related field) or B.Sc./Master’s with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in basic biology protocols including culture, freeze, and maintenance
- Experience working with advanced microscopy
- Strong biology experience (either in cell-based assays or model organisms)
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and solve problems, data analysis, and report writing
- C. elegans biology and culturing
- Knowledge of advanced biomedical tools, such as microfluidics or laboratory automation including liquid handling systems and advanced imaging
- Experience of assay development with cell or animal biology
- Standard biology, biochemistry, molecular biology work in a wet laboratory
- Microscopy work in dark room environment
- Must be comfortable working with bio-hazardous materials and chemicals provided proper safety equipment
- Regular 40-hr work week with non-standard night and weekend work as required to complete deliverables
- Some travel may be required to attend conferences and trade shows
The position will be open until filled. If you are interested send a cover letter with your CV to email@example.com. If you are selected, the next step will be a web-based and/or onsite interview as COVID-19 limitations allow. The appropriate arrangement will be coordinated with the selected applicants in connection with the hiring process.
Newormics Non-Discrimination Policy:
Newormics is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Newormics will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, under applicable law and as Federal funding application provisions allow.