Location: Austin, TX
Close date: Open until filled
Compensation: Negotiable depending on skills and experience
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing and Automation Engineer for our team. This person will support the development and manufacturing of microfluidics devices, along with the automation equipment needed to run these devices for high-resolution imaging of biological specimens.
- Computer-aided design (CAD) of microfluidic devices
- Microfabrication in the cleanroom using soft lithography/casting of PDMS chips
- Design and develop automated pressure delivery and liquid handling systems for microfluidics control
- Coordinate design specifications and follow up production with manufacturing vendors
- System integration and performance validation of designed devices
- Work with biochemistry and Molecular biology (BMB) team to refine device designs and performance
Skills and Experience:
- Required qualifications:
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering
- At least 2-years of experience in engineering
- Desired experience in:
- CAD, AutoCAD
- Microfabrication techniques such as: photolithography, PDMS fabrication/casting, injection molding, and others
- Pressure systems/fluidics
- Electronic systems
- Work in a cleanroom laboratory environment.
- Must be comfortable working with hazardous materials and chemicals provided proper safety equipment.
- Regular 40-hr work week with non-standard night and weekend work as required to complete deliverables.
- Some travel may be eventually required to attend conferences and trade shows.
The position will be open until filled. If you are interested send a cover letter with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected, the next step will be a web-based and/or onsite interview as COVID-19 limitations allow. The appropriate arrangement will be coordinated with the selected applicants in connection with the hiring process.
Newormics Non-Discrimination Policy:
Newormics is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Newormics will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, under applicable law and as Federal funding application provisions allow.